Contents Insurance

For Students

Our contents insurance policy protects your stuff in and out of your student home. It can cover things like your phone, laptop, furniture and other personal belongings against accidental damage, theft and loss.
All student policies include £2m Public & Personal Liability.

No commitment, cancel anytime.


Get your stuff insured because...

Bad guys steal them. Did you know that on average in the UK, a laptop is stolen every 53 seconds! (Gartner Research)

Rubber Ring can cover you for up to £3,000 worth of contents & belongings

Student Contents Insurance is designed to cover your stuff in case something happens, whether that’s in your home or when you’re out and about. Phones, jewellery, bikes, your sofa can all be covered under Contents Insurance as long as it isn’t a structural part of your home, with the limit for any one item being £1,000 within the home.

Cover Highlights...

    Everything you own inside your home is considered as Contents & Personal Possessions; things like TVs, books, phones, jewellery, bikes, furniture. Anything that stays in place is considered part of the building (like the flooring or the kitchen sink) is not covered on Contents Insurance.

    Total up the approximate value of all the items in your home and select the right amount of cover for you, right up to £3,000. This amount of cover you choose is what's called the Contents Sum Insured.
    The limit for any one item being £1,000 within the home, unless otherwise stated in your Schedule.

    This covers personal items like electronics, bikes and jewellery that you take out of the home on a frequent basis against theft, accidental damage or accidental loss anywhere in the United Kingdom, and up to 60 days per year worldwide.
    The maximum amount of Out Of Home Cover you can get is calculated as a percentage of the Contents Sum Insured.

    This covers your liability as a private individual and as occupier of the home for bodily injury or property damage caused to another person or property.

    This will cover items used used in conjunction with your business in the home which belongs to you or for which you are legally responsible. Things like; furniture, computers and associated equipment, printers and scanners.

    Insure your sports equipment when you're travelling to your sporting venue for up to £500 against theft and loss.
    Likewise, insure your music equipment when out fo the home for up to £500, theft and loss.

    Get covered in case your student house or room gets broken into. For full details check the Policy Wording.

Cover designed just for Students

Rubber Ring’s Students Contents Insurance covers your stuff whether you’re living in shared accommodation or alone. If you’re in halls, we can cover the stuff in your room if it has its own room number. You can even add ‘common areas’ to protect your things in shared spaces like living areas and kitchens.

Get cover just for you or, if you live in a house, add your housemates too.

You can even protect the stuff you usually carry around, like your laptop and phone by adding Out of Home Cover to your Contents Insurance.

Rubber Ring’s insurance for students is designed to be flexible - our monthly policy means you can only pay for the months you need like term time and cancel for the ones you don’t. Plus, if you move, you can update your address to be covered in your new place, or cancel online for free, any time.

Making a claim is the most important journey you will have with us.

Log your claim instantly from your Rubber Ring Account. Show us any damage with video and pictures immediately through you phone and tell us what happened. All data is sent automatically to our claims team who assess the information and will call you with the next steps.

Make sure you’ve got the full picture

Students Insurance

Policy Wording

Students Insurance

Insurance Product

Information Document

More reasons to choose Rubber Ring to cover your lifestyle…

Backed by A-rated UK Underwriters